(Copied from Wikipedia) .
- No airbag offered (making the gauge cluster unique).
- Manual climate control offered on TT models.
- Blank (no hamburger logo) on the nose panel.
- Offset "NISSAN" logo on front bumper.
- Sales: 39,290 units.
- Manual climate controls discontinued.
- New electronic climate controls allowing control over air flow direction, but no more ambient temp gauge.
- Nissan logo put on the front fascia (nose panel).
- Driver's airbag now optional.
- Air conditioner evaporator valve changed from aluminum to steel for better sound insulation.
- Naturally Aspirated model's brake rotors changed to Turbo units. Previous NA rotors were 4 mm thinner.
- CD player option added for both the TT and NA; it was previously only available in the NA.
- Bose stereo head unit changed.
- Brake master cylinder changed to new unit in February 1991.
- Sales: 17,652 units.
- Driver's airbag made standard.
- Dashboard and door complementary material changed from fabric to suede.
- Separate mirror heater switch eliminated (combined with rear defroster switch).
- Power adjustable driver's seat standard on TT.
- Sales: 6,708 units.
- Turbo oil line insulation changed for better heat dissipation.
- Convertible option added.
- Brake caliper material changed from aluminum to iron, to help warpage/shimmy problems.
- New style fuel injectors for the non-turbo, (except convertible), that are less prone to premature failure.
- Upgraded Bose stereo made standard.
- AIV system completely eliminated.
- Non-turbo model, (except convertible), ECUs changed from 8-bit to 16-bit by Japan Electronic Control System Co..
- Sales: 11,599 units.
- Rear spoiler design changed to a taller, pedestal-type.
- Seat belts redesigned; they were moved from door mounts to true pillar mounts.
- SuperHICAS system changed to an electrically-actuated unit.(previously power steering actuated).
- New style fuel injectors for the convertible.
- Passenger's side airbag introduced and made standard.
- Keyless entry added.
- Titanium keys discontinued in November 1994.
- 'Reset' button removed from clock.
- Off-white 'Pearl' color is dropped. Future 'Pearls' are more of a semi-metallic white.
- Sales: 5,320 units.
- New style fuel injectors for the twin-turbo
- Front fascia became body coloured instead of gray strip.
- Twin-turbo model ECUs changed from 8-bit to 16-bit (happened late in '94 model year)
- Sales: 3,135 units.
- Variable cam timing (VTC) dropped.
- OBD II electronics introduced.
- Driver's seat back rest no longer included adjustable side bolsters.
- Sales: 2929 Units total, The last 300 of which are the "Commemorative Edition."
In 1997, all Z32 models adopted the twin-turbo front fascia, presumably to lower production costs.
In 1998, for 1999, the Z32 received a cosmetic update. To name some, the differences included:
- New front fascia
- New side-skirts
- New taillights (featuring clear turn signal lenses, chrome housings, and black pinstriping)
- New center panel ("300ZX" became red instead of silver)
- New rear spoiler
- Light gold gauges (similar to the Maxima from the same era)
- A slew of new interior options (including carbon fiber accents, "lift-style" window switches, and optional Recaro SR seats).
The 1998 Z32 also received a revised Manual Transmission, which used stronger synchronizers to combat a common "soft-synchro" problem that had become apparent on earlier Z32s.