Those rebuilding their VQ35DE have probably realized that it's impossible to get replacement gaskets for the oil gallery plates on the rear timing chain cover, as Nissan only ever sold these gaskets with the complete cover. Now, we're producing our own replacement gaskets for these parts!
Made from Syntheseal gasket material, these gaskets are designed specifically for sealing oils (as well as other fluids like fuel and water), with temperature tolerances up to 350°F (180°C). They fit perfectly and exceed specifications of Nissan's own paper gaskets.
Stats for nerds:
- Density, g/cc (lb/cu.ft): 0.82 (50) (min)
- Compressibility, % (at 34.5MPa): 28-42
- Recovery, %: 20 (min.)
- Tensile Strength, AMS, MPa (psi): 6.9 (100) (min) if greater than 1.2mm gauge. Otherwise 8.62 (1250) (min)
- Fluid Resistance, IMR903 Oil: 30% change in tensile strength (max), 7% change in thickness (max), 30-45% change in compressibility (max).
- Fluid Resistance, Fuel B: 7% change in thickness (max), 25-50% change in weight (max)
- Binder Type: Nitrile Butadiene
Our new Compatibility checking feature is still being updated and revised. If you have questions about vehicle fitment, please contact us.