The G5 Turbo Kit by CZP / ZERO is designed to be the ultimate street turbo for the Nissan 300ZX! In essence, the G5 turbos start out in life as brand new genuine Garrett GT2554R turbochargers. The compressor wheels are replaced by Turbos Direct, one of the very few authorized Garrett Performance distributors in the US, with a new billet aluminum compressor wheel. Optionally, we also ceramic coat the compressor housing to help with intake air temperature, as the compressor housing sits extremely close to the exhaust manifold on the 300ZX.
The billet compressor wheel is based on the design of the traditional GT2554R wheel, but with several key improvements. First, billet construction is stronger than cast, allowing the center root of the wheel to shrink in diameter, and the root is made taller. The tips of the blades also extend further into the compressor housing, and the billet construction is ever-so-slightly lighter than the cast version. These changes result in a compressor wheel that moves more air (roughly 15%, according to Turbos Direct) as a cast equivalent, without sacrificing response/spool time.
Because this turbo is based on the well-known GT2554R, and only improves on the design, we believe this to be the ideal turbocharger setup for those wishing to produce roughly 500whp (depending on fuel, tuning, and other mods) while maintaining exceptional spool-up response. And because these are still Garrett turbos, we know they're just as reliable as stock turbos.
- 54.3mm w/ 60 trim
- 0.80 A/R
- 53mm w/ 62 trim
- 0.64 A/R
- Wastegate Spring Pressure: 8-10psi
- Opens at about 10-12psi once properly preloaded.
- Wastegates must be adjusted before installation
- 2x ZERO G5 Turbochargers (Based on Garrett GT2554Rs)
- Oil Return Kit (Choice of Modified OEM Hard Tube or Silicone)
- Braided Stainless Oil Feed Lines
- 2x Compressor Outlet Gaskets
- 2x Manifold to Turbo Gaskets
- 2x Turbo to Downpipe Gaskets
- Requires 5-bolt Downpipes
- LH Motor Mount Support may need to be machined for intake piping to clear (this is true of almost all upgraded turbos)
- Depending on Manifold or Piping setup, minor clocking might be required
- Stock intake piping may require use of paper gasket instead of included O-ring.
Our new Compatibility checking feature is still being updated and revised. If you have questions about vehicle fitment, please contact us.
Hi, is price for pair or each?
This is a complete kit with both turbos.
based on 1 customer reviews
Best bang for you're buck turbo for the z excellent spool up made 592hp on e85